Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Open Thread: Conference-Related Topics

Next week (June 25-29), we are hosting the workshop conference, "The Neutron Star Crust and Surface: Observations and Models." [Link.] We have 54 confirmed attendees, 12 review talks, and 31 special topics talks scheduled.

But are you going to hear what you want to hear about? You can examine the abstract list, and hope -- but even better, use the comment section of this thread to lay down subjects that you would like to hear speakers address. Or lay-in about what isn't going to be addressed, but should have been. Or talk about how thrilled you are the Mariners have a home week June 25-29.

Pre- Conference-related discussion.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Interesting way of interaction, this blog. I don't know anything about the Mariners, but more about X-ray bursts. Actually, I'd like to know why some Z sources do show bursts and why others don't. And are the bursts from Cyg X-2 real type I bursts, something actually questioned by Duncan Galloway in his RXTE burst compendium (see astro-ph). I will not talk about these; my topic is describing the INTEGRAL Galactic bulge monitoring program. But since I've an hour, I was planning to also spend some time on the bursts from the ultra-compact binary 4U 0614+091. Some believe the donor does not provide
H or He, so why it bursts is a mystery. Jean will definately address this as well, but I want to touch upon it too. Is this was people are interested too? Let me know.